Imperial Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I quit.

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I quit. Empty I quit.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Here's why I'm quitting just in case anyone is wondering:

-Rule 18: All members start as recruits regardless of previous clan experience.

1. I found this not to be a rule, but as a stupid sentence someone incompetent made up in fear of losing his power.

2. I have had 5+ Years of other High Command positions in other clans. However, I am still a recruit.

3. This leads me to my next reason, in which we have too many members and when you are a recruit, even if you have good ideas like in my case, no one is ever going to pay attention except for the occasional officer which will just ignore it and move on.

4. But you say, "Well, ranking up should be easy for you then!" This is not true. All recruits regardless of previous clan experience always have had the same opprotunities to rank up in the clan. Therefore, we have just as much of a chance as everyone else. We take the same amount of days to rank up. And having previous experience does not allow us to recruit faster, recruit more, or impress High Command any more easily than other recruits.

- Our recruits are leaving!

1. Would you like to know why? I'm sure you would. The recruiters are treating their recruits like "Game points;" Each recruit is just another point in a game where the more points, the higher a rank you are. They never even bother to pay any attention to their recruits, and just say "K thnx have fun" after they are recruiting. When I was a new recruit, I was handled with love and care (Sorry for sounding so corny there). I can't even imagine being a new recruit and having no idea what to do and being said "K thnx have fun" by my recruiter.

2. When recruits are added to a recruiter's profile, that number never changes, regardless of wether the recruit stays or not. This is partially why the recruiters are getting so careless; They figure, they can do a shitty job recruiting, have most of their recruits leave, and still add all the recruits to their profile, and rank up. And they continue to do it.

- Clan meetings are messed up...

1. There was a meeting today. I was a Private. And how much of a suprise is it, after reading all this, that I was not allowed in it? Bringing us back to that part where I have 5+ years clan experience, as I'm sure multiple recruits also have. All the people above us seem to think, "Hell, they're just recruits and privates. All noobs. Like they could do anything in this clan besides ask questions and game." This is the part that really pisses me off. No one seems to care. At all. Whatsoever. Even when we have possibly great ideas to help aid the clan.

- Too much open recruiting!

1. We recruit way too openly, in my and many other opinions. We believe this because one of the reasons our recruits are leaving is because they get little or no attention at all. This could all easily be extinguished by having more selective recruiting, or just eliminate recruiting altogether. I mean, we already have over 200 members, right? We could open recruiting back up when needed! Plus, with less members, each member gets more attention from High Command and all the other members!

2. You say, "There's no such thing as too many members!" Oh, there is. What if we had so many members that we were unable to keep track of them all, and no one had any idea who half of the random openly recruited members were, no one knew what they were doing, who was in charge, or how to fix it. Too many members.

- No one notices anything!

1. After I left the clan today, I came back using my old account, and no one has noticed anything! In fact, a few people even told me to "GTFO!" I saw this as rude, immature, and just plain stupid. The clan was still rolling fine, everything was perfectly in order. Actually, it could have even been better than it was before! But of course, it was just one Private. Just merely one little private with 5 years of clan experience.

Would anyone like to counter?

Back to top Go down

I quit. Empty Re: I quit.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:00 pm

well... i agree and disagree with you... "The recruiters are treating their recruits like "Game points;" Each recruit is just another point in a game where the more points, the higher a rank you are." i completely agree with u, after bringing this up i do agree... but... Rule 18 is a RULE u just have to get used to it MANY ppl here have experience, u just have to live with it man... but... i dont completely disagree/agree with you...

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelKiller Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:05 pm

OMG. thank you for your input. and so, how did your lack of patience work for you in your previous clans?
AngelKiller
AngelKiller
Admin
Admin

http://xakx.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:09 pm

VERY POWERFUL I WOULD SAY
!And to let you know this is just one topic we talked about tongiht in meeting just so you know. And recruiting is closed for 2 weeks to let us have the time to get to know more of the members but i on one hand have been working alot in the last week and havnt got to know anyone and tomarrow i go back to work well if you dont want to stick round up to you good luck and take care

your freind ninja[ak]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:21 pm

Lmao, If you cant handle the responsibilities leave. Akx will miss you, but you will be replaced.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:42 pm

this is leadership we will miss! Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:43 pm

but we learn from mistakes right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:11 am

those reasons are well put and i couldn't agree more about the recruiting protocol which i tried so hard to address.... about how ppl don't really care anymore.
secondly, patience is key: I was in many other clans b4 (such as ur case) but they died...im glad i joined AK b/c it will surely survive for much longer than a few months and clan AK is awesome!!....that just proves ur a dumb-bum who doesnt give a f**k about the clan.
thirdly, ppl do actually care about the recruits (like me!!!)
fourthly, many of the recruits and privates leave so...if u do stay...and yes we see how many days u got...then u will be promoted.
fifthly, u shoulda joined the forums earlier so we can help u out b/c ppl in the forums care about the clan --> that's exactly why the clan has a forums so we can be a family! cheers

***i highly disagree with ur point that ppl w/ experience should be promoted faster...that just proves ur impatient and unworthy which ultimately leads to a loose and unfair system of governance. every person has an equal right regardless of exp and besides u can use ur exp to ur advantage (unless u learned nothing in ur previous clan experiences.....which is pretty sad).
**no offense to anyone here..but SumGuy[ak] who wrote this post is a douchebag...uve only been in the clan for like a day or two and u write a long post here not even knowing what ur talking about... we don't need fat, corrupt, dickk pigs like u. thank god u left!!! and please stop talking highly about ur exp. for all i care u coulda made it up!!!!! or u coulda been banned!!! or all sorts of reasons...so ur suggestion will never work.WOW U ARE SUMGUY!

sorry for my language...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:10 am

wow im blind....ya he did just join ak! and he acted upon to join the forums only to whine and complain of his impatients. ..... maybe he was already part of the clan and made a new account just to cast his voice anonymously. Suspect what kind of name is "sumguy[ak]' besides the [ak] part

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:14 am

thank you holid. pplz stop worshipping sumguy[ak] b/c he is a douche and a fake. elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:29 pm

holid[ak] wrote:wow im blind....ya he did just join ak! and he acted upon to join the forums only to whine and complain of his impatients. .....

My previous experience has led me to be able to determine when something is not right in a short period of time, say 3 days or so. if you can't comprehend that I am not impatient and I am usually correct about things even when given a limited period of time, that's not my problem. I know what I'm doing. That goes for you too, Dyno.

P.S. Dyno, lay off the name calling. Try reading Rule #4. I am not a douche.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:51 pm

Oh and btw Dyn0M0nkey you're Rule 13ed. GL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:21 pm

Wow, such a cocky comeback, see when I was commander I would of been like,

"Lmao? Nig? did you just backtalk me?"

IP'ed.

(dont believe me? Ask Vial[ak] LOL!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:25 pm

Yes, I'm a confident person. I'm not afraid to fight the system, and make some changes around here.

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelKiller Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:07 pm

Glad you know the clan rules, more than i can say for most recruits, however, since you quit, they don't apply to you really. and besides, you can't rule 13 someone of higher rank than you. i guess if you had stuck around, you might have known that. as for being a quick study, i'll give you that. clearly you figured out quite a bit in a very short time. Rolling Eyes
AngelKiller
AngelKiller
Admin
Admin

http://xakx.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:11 pm

angel u are awesome@! i was going to say that too. drunken and why am I in the ruled 13ed list??? I want SumGuy[ak] to be on the Wall of Shame Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:50 pm

AngelKiller wrote:Glad you know the clan rules, more than i can say for most recruits, however, since you quit, they don't apply to you really. and besides, you can't rule 13 someone of higher rank than you. i guess if you had stuck around, you might have known that. as for being a quick study, i'll give you that. clearly you figured out quite a bit in a very short time. Rolling Eyes

I WOVE YOU!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:33 pm

Lawl. Raped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:05 pm

Angelkiller!!!! get me off the rule 13 page!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by kitaman27 Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:08 pm

SumGuy[ak] wrote:-Rule 18: All members start as recruits regardless of previous clan experience.

1. I found this not to be a rule, but as a stupid sentence someone incompetent made up in fear of losing his power.

2. I have had 5+ Years of other High Command positions in other clans. However, I am still a recruit.

Errm, why leave your old clan in the first place then? Or if you wanted to jump to a high rank from day one perhaps you should consider making your own clan?

SumGuy[ak] wrote:3. This leads me to my next reason, in which we have too many members and when you are a recruit, even if you have good ideas like in my case, no one is ever going to pay attention except for the occasional officer which will just ignore it and move on.

I can't really speak for everyone on this, but from personal experience, it seemed liked high command was willing to listen to anything I had to say, such as when I asked if we could make the forums more active.

SumGuy[ak] wrote:1. Would you like to know why? I'm sure you would. The recruiters are treating their recruits like "Game points;" Each recruit is just another point in a game where the more points, the higher a rank you are. They never even bother to pay any attention to their recruits, and just say "K thnx have fun" after they are recruiting. When I was a new recruit, I was handled with love and care (Sorry for sounding so corny there). I can't even imagine being a new recruit and having no idea what to do and being said "K thnx have fun" by my recruiter.

It may have been different in your situation, but for me that simply wasn't the case. My recruiter has commonly taken the time to say hi whenever we are both online and I have all my recruits buddy listed and try to keep in touch/play some games with them whenever I have a chance.

SumGuy[ak] wrote:2. When recruits are added to a recruiter's profile, that number never changes, regardless of wether the recruit stays or not. This is partially why the recruiters are getting so careless; They figure, they can do a shitty job recruiting, have most of their recruits leave, and still add all the recruits to their profile, and rank up. And they continue to do it.

I may be incorrect on this aspect, but I think the number does indeed change based on whether the recruit stays or not. When a recruit becomes inactive after they dsl out, the recruiter's total recruits is reduced by one.

SumGuy[ak] wrote:1. There was a meeting today. I was a Private. And how much of a suprise is it, after reading all this, that I was not allowed in it? Bringing us back to that part where I have 5+ years clan experience, as I'm sure multiple recruits also have. All the people above us seem to think, "Hell, they're just recruits and privates. All noobs. Like they could do anything in this clan besides ask questions and game." This is the part that really pisses me off. No one seems to care. At all. Whatsoever. Even when we have possibly great ideas to help aid the clan.

I think that discussion of stuff like promotions and member misbehavior should be kept private between the members of high command, but I also agree that those not in high command should have a chance to share their input or ideas about the clan. Perhaps after closed high command meeting, there could be a meeting open to all members in the clan chat room?

1. We recruit way too openly, in my and many other opinions. We believe this because one of the reasons our recruits are leaving is because they get little or no attention at all. This could all easily be extinguished by having more selective recruiting, or just eliminate recruiting altogether. I mean, we already have over 200 members, right? We could open recruiting back up when needed! Plus, with less members, each member gets more attention from High Command and all the other members!

Ya I agree, quality over quantity.

- No one notices anything!

1. After I left the clan today, I came back using my old account, and no one has noticed anything! In fact, a few people even told me to "GTFO!" I saw this as rude, immature, and just plain stupid. The clan was still rolling fine, everything was perfectly in order. Actually, it could have even been better than it was before! But of course, it was just one Private. Just merely one little private with 5 years of clan experience.

Well I never had the chance to meet you, but regardless, sorry to see you leave. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
kitaman27
kitaman27
Lt.Admin
Lt.Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:19 pm

guess what... Computer[ak] was SumGuy[ak]
and I was rule 13ed b/c i "disrespected" SumGuy[ak] who wasn't in the clan and who was a lower rank.....
and apparently, because i flamed SumGuy, I flamed Computer[ak].

wow....i was cheated on the Rule 13 page.

besides....Computer[ak] (who is SumGuy) called me a useless clan member, retard, and a rape victim on the CLAN CHANNEL!!! he should be the one on Rule 13... Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:49 pm

well. I agree with him totally. Experience should get you places.....

BUT, only when you have the patience to let it happen. what happened to that one specific recruit that got 8 recruits in the first 24 hours. He asked for permission. get got it. he implemented it. He rose. WO in damn good time.

I also have 5 years of Leading experience. 5 years of forum management. 5 years of diplomatic issuse rising to peace or war. You don't see me whining that I didn't get to the places I wanted to be in the 24 hours that I wanted it.

I sat my ass through the month of "enlisted" and once I had freedom, I ruled. I recruited. Speically one damn good recruit named Holid[ak]

I did care for him, I do check on him. I do chat with him, and game with him when the time permits. I know that some don't do this. and those of you who don't should be targeted. but not by YOU SumGuy. You should bring it to someone attention and they will do something about it. like closing recruiting.

We all get it that you and select others are "independent," but you shouldn't take EVERYTHING into your hands. Or former presidents can't go over to a Muslim Empire and say, "make me one of the top members. I have experience." It just doesn't work like that. it just doesn't

As for others bashing you, I think they shouldn't. but I will not speak against it, because you exposed yourself. You put your head on under the guillotine and you dared us to pull it. Don't leave just because we did pull it.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

I say, There need to be a place in the clan where people can show their potential and powers unhindered, but what you are forgetting my friend is the fact that seniority needs a place too. and that's where its up to a good leader(s) to discriminate and delegate on what should be done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:49 pm

dynOmOnkey[ak] wrote:Angelkiller!!!! get me off the rule 13 page!!!!!

lol, burn ftw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:38 pm

I sat my ass through the month of "enlisted" and once I had freedom, I ruled. I recruited. Speically one damn good recruit named Holid[ak]

i think what he means is my dedication to this clan that i have not given up like sumguy becuase of experience but ty for the complement :D . i'm also enlisted and i will work my way up to WO and recruit my ass off. i agree with zora[ak] experience does get you somewhere in life ( a kid who dropped out of school at the age of 8 would have a better chance to get a job then some1 who dropped out at age of 17 becuase the 8 year old has 9 more years of working experience.)
but then again i agree becuase it doesnt in some cases

"I say, There need to be a place in the clan where people can show their potential and powers unhindered, but what you are forgetting my friend is the fact that seniority needs a place too. and that's where its up to a good leader(s) to discriminate and delegate on what should be done (zora[ak])."

wake up guys, listen to this^

"Glad you know the clan rules, more than i can say for most recruits, however, since you quit, they don't apply to you really. and besides, you can't rule 13 someone of higher rank than you. i guess if you had stuck around, you might have known that. as for being a quick study, i'll give you that. clearly you figured out quite a bit in a very short time." (angelkiller)

lol apparently he didnt learn much if he tried to rule13 dyno with only 3 days in the clan........and i bet more then half of the recruits know about the rules[/i][i][i]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:03 pm

I still can't believe Computer[ak] can get off easy after disrespecting me...... and i can't believe no one is doing anything about him.....good for him that he's a ten-yr old or else i would have gone insane... cat either way, u dissed me, a rule u apprently broke urself. ur lucky that Darknight, my buddy, is on ur side and that Altair, my papa, has no rule 13 power...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum