Imperial Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum access.

3 posters

Go down

Forum access. Empty Forum access.

Post by AngelKiller Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:36 pm

Kitaman, is it possible to make the "clan boards" section of our forums accessible only to clan members? Cool
AngelKiller
AngelKiller
Admin
Admin

http://xakx.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Forum access. Empty Re: Forum access.

Post by kitaman27 Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:20 pm

Yep, we would have to make a new user group called clan members and add all the members to that group and then we can set the access of the clan forums to only them.

When a new member registers, however, they would have to be added to this group before the clan boards becomes visible. Though it might be possible for them to join the group after registration without having to have one of the admins add them. I'll have to look into that.

Did you want all 5 clan boards hidden or should "Introductions" and "Board Support" either be moved or stay visible?
kitaman27
kitaman27
Lt.Admin
Lt.Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelKiller Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:42 pm

i'm just thinking out loud here.... i was hoping that it would be easier than all that.
maybe i'm really thinking of a sort of "internal news" idea i guess. i donno.
keep looking at it, and keep me posted if you come up with something that is easier to implement. thanks.
AngelKiller
AngelKiller
Admin
Admin

http://xakx.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:30 pm

I think that the General Board and Entertainment Board should be blocked off to non clan AK members...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:55 am

why...to keep nyalith from postin on them lol
i havnt seen anyone else not in clan post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:46 am

lol....i think itll inspire ppl who havent registered to register because they might get curious what we are talking about

Back to top Go down

Post by kitaman27 Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:34 am

That would be alot easier. Disabling guests from viewing a forum just takes one button click.

If you want the clan boards to be hidden it wouldn't be too hard to create a custom group and put only the clan members in it. The only problem would be as new people registered they would have to be added, so for like a day or two they wouldn't have access.
kitaman27
kitaman27
Lt.Admin
Lt.Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by L0AD3D[ak] Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Kita, Idk if you have noticed, I have created a new group and added all the people I saw as participants, and current clan members. Idk how to disable guests from viewing the boards. I have looked around. I am not very familiar with PHPBB. I can also keep up with it keeping new registries in the group.

L0AD3D[ak]
Lt.Admin
Lt.Admin

http://ekreationz.mr1.ru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:50 am

I am not in the clan, and I post whenever I can on here. Which isn't too often. I post on here mainly because all but 1 leader of ak outright ignores me, which is x1. I can usually get through to ak a bit more effectively here than I can on bnet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down