Imperial Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Board Improvement Thread

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Official Board Improvement Thread Empty The Official Board Improvement Thread

Post by kitaman27 Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:47 pm

Hey all, AngelKiller was nice enough to give me Lt. Admin status so I can help clean up the board and make it more awesome. :D

I think the 1st step would be to get more activity. A lot of the members don't even know about the forum. Those who do, don't visit it often because of little activity. So lets try to change that.

Next off, I think we should try to expand the number of forums we have. Right now we have intro, board support and basket. Feel free to suggest other possible categories or criticize any that I add. I'm thinking a clan activities, random poll section, message board games and maybe an entertainment (tv, movies, video games) forum would be nice. Sorry if a thread gets moved during reorganizing and you can't find it. Luckily we have a search feature.

Also, a quick reply mod might be useful so it doesn't take so long for a short message. I'll try to add some of these features in the next few days.

If any of you guys have any suggestions feel free to express your ideas. :D
kitaman27
kitaman27
Lt.Admin
Lt.Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Board Improvement Thread Empty Re: The Official Board Improvement Thread

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:44 pm

KITAMAN U ARE MY HERO!!! Finally we have someone making the forum look brighter. I was like wtf when i got in and i thought i got into the wrong site.

Back to top Go down

The Official Board Improvement Thread Empty Re: The Official Board Improvement Thread

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:48 pm

u should make a forum for Game problems and one for Technical difficulties, so we can help those who need help in a game or advice, and we can also provide for those who need their computer fixed from a virus or something. rendeer

Last edited by dynOmOnkey[ak] on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:49 pm

there should also be a forum for Questions for the clan. so we can discuss the clan's future!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:50 am

We need to really make this place more livley and active. That would be awesome. Make this place like the mall on christmas eve :D

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelKiller Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:59 pm

Kitaman! you are kicking ass on updating the forums! good job!
Thanks!
AngelKiller
AngelKiller
Admin
Admin

http://xakx.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kitaman27 Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:51 pm

dynOmOnkey[ak] wrote:u should make a forum for Game problems and one for Technical difficulties, so we can help those who need help in a game or advice, and we can also provide for those who need their computer fixed from a virus or something.

I would think game problems could go in game section or comp problems could go in board support. I think a tech forum might go unused, but if enough people want it I'll happily add it.

dynOmOnkey[ak] wrote:there should also be a forum for Questions for the clan. so we can discuss the clan's future!!!!"

Hmm Clan AK forum should cover that.

P.S. Triple post? o.O
*points dynO to edit button

Stereo wrote:We need to really make this place more livley and active. That would be awesome. Make this place like the mall on christmas eve

As long as someone doesn't get trampled santa

dynOmOnkey[ak] wrote:KITAMAN U ARE MY HERO!!!

Idols may be purchased at forum gift shop for $9.99.

AngelKiller wrote:Kitaman! you are kicking ass on updating the forums! good job! Thanks!

But wait! If you call within the next 20 minutes we will add in Chef Tony's Miracle Blade Perfection Series at no additional cost!

Kita wrote:a quick reply mod might be useful so it doesn't take so long for a short message

Well that was easier to add than I had thought. Forum categories seem to be in order. I made a poll for if you like current skins/themes. A calendar for birthdays/events would probably be pretty easy to add. Keep the suggestions coming! :D
kitaman27
kitaman27
Lt.Admin
Lt.Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:25 am

how about addin a background instead of leavin it just white

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:31 pm

alexman[ak] wrote:how about addin a background instead of leavin it just white

yeah, I agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:45 pm

a con of a background is that it adds internet lag. but i agree that it would be a good try..as long as it fits with the theme of the whole page.

Back to top Go down

Post by kitaman27 Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:04 am

Ya background would be included in changing theme/skins poll.......which has a total of zero votes, sweet
kitaman27
kitaman27
Lt.Admin
Lt.Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:56 pm

congrats on your lt admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:54 pm

ROFL..... i just realized that we didn't have any "usergroups." We should make a few..maybe by ranks (as in leaders, officers, enlisted) or new forum ranks (like Master, Moderate, Noobie). idk....anything for usergroups would be fine but i think we should have some sort of "title"...if u know wat i mean.

Of course, this is just one suggestion among others.. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by kitaman27 Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:20 pm

Perhaps ranks could be like starcraft units? Like a noob would be a ling and as the rank goes higher your unit becomes stronger untill you reach a certain amount of posts, and then you can have your own custom user title?
kitaman27
kitaman27
Lt.Admin
Lt.Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:49 pm

hahaha that's awesome!!! It can go something like this:
1) Larva
2) Zergling
3) Marine
4) blah
5) blah blah
etc.....

Let's incorporate ur idea asap!!! post again what exactly the ranks should be....(the above is just a glimpse). clown

I was thinking that if we do have usergroups, it should be made so that it would be easier to achieve a rank in the beginning but gradually gets harder.

Last edited by dynOmOnkey[ak] on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelKiller Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:51 pm

lol, i'm lovin it! kitaman, do you have the access to do that? :D
AngelKiller
AngelKiller
Admin
Admin

http://xakx.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:55 pm

lol...well kitaman has 4 stars...of course if he can't do that...u would need to do it!! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by kitaman27 Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:14 pm

AngelKiller wrote:lol, i'm lovin it! kitaman, do you have the access to do that? :D

I believe so ya.

I could try to rank the units, but I'm probably biased towards protoss. Should we have all the units or would that be to many? Perhaps a bunch of people could post their rankings and I could take a average?

I was also thinking it might be cool to get some starcraft themed smileys, haven't been able to find any online, but it probably would be fairly easy to photoshop some.
kitaman27
kitaman27
Lt.Admin
Lt.Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:19 pm

yea... instead of getting all the units...lets get all the most used/important units of the game in the rankings.

and I think the starcraft smilies will be great!!!! but i wonder how a zealot can smile... ROFL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:36 pm

I think I should be senior member? Yes? ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:31 pm

no..... join clan AK again!

Back to top Go down

Post by kitaman27 Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:54 am

Well I made a list of rankings, do you guys want me to post it or keep them a secret and just post the post counts at which you upgrade?

Also, anyone good with graphics editing feel free to post some smilies, though keep in mind the size restriction. I'll try sometime next week to get some better smilies to replace some of the crappy ones we have right now. @
kitaman27
kitaman27
Lt.Admin
Lt.Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:42 pm

she was mistake'nd she actually saw herself if the mirror

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:42 am

kitaman niceeee. ill try to get some smilies going and also I think you should post the rankings in here so we can see if they are reasonable and good (of course ur good! but this is just a check). And then, when they pass that, you should announce it on announcements. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by kitaman27 Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:40 pm

Ya I realize everyone is going to disagree with something or want another unit included, but here is what I have. Any thoughts?

0) Observer
1) Larva
2) SCV
3) Zergling
4) Marine
5) Zealot
6) Firebat
7) Hydralisk
8.) Vulture
9) Dragoon
10) Goliath
11) Lurker
12) Siege Tank
13) Reaver
14) Mutalisk
15) Wraith
16) Scout
17) High Templar
18.) Dark Templar
19) Guardian
20) Archon
21) Carrier
22) Battlecruiser
23) Custom
kitaman27
kitaman27
Lt.Admin
Lt.Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next